• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG Just another computer built into desk build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mwindham08

Rig-o'-the-Month Winner, August, 2012
This was originally a sewing desk that I found in my parent's garage. It was originally bright white and was completely open in the front. As my first real attempt at computer modding, with the help of my father-in-law, I think it turned out really well. Let me know what you think!

Sorry I could not post all pictures directly to thread...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/80847332@N06/

waterdesk01.jpg

waterdesk02.jpg

waterdesk03.jpg

waterdesk04.jpg

waterdesk05.jpg

waterdesk06.jpg

waterdesk07.jpg

waterdesk08.jpg

waterdesk09.jpg

waterdesk10.jpg

waterdesk11.jpg

waterdesk12.jpg

waterdesk13.jpg

waterdesk14.jpg

waterdesk15.jpg

waterdesk16.jpg

waterdesk17.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that isn't just anything; that's amazing. With your permission, I'd like to put the photos in your post and then we'll share it on our Facebook page. :thup:

Yeah that would be awesome! Post any of them you want.

Cool, I'll do it whenever time allows (as in, not right now, hopefully this week. :) )

Thanks everyone! I'm consider taking the cards apart and replacing the blue evga leds with some red ones, those three blue lights are starting to bug me lol. I'll probably wait till I get more funds to buy the motherboard block and install both while everything is apart. After that I think I'll be done making changes unless someone has any other ideas.

nice work!

i MUST nitpick this one thing though..... maybe it's just because i'm 6'2" but i don't get how you people can sit at desks that have no leg room, have subs under the desk or other obstructions in the general area where your legs should be. i had to cut the back part of my desk out so that i have room to stretch out.... i just don't get it! lol

Well I'm 5`6 so thats how I will be fitting lol.

When I move the desk back home I plan on having
an adjoining table left of the desk. I'll probably shift
my monitors left so that one sits on the table and the
other two will still be on the desk. Then they will be
centered so I can set my legs under the drawer and have
alot more room.

Hopefully I can get the height perfect, I will upload
pictures when I have everything set up.

Probably won't be till September till I find the room to ship
this thing a few states south :)

Back