• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Cleaned out the Dust...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zexmarquies01

I had been wanting to do this for over a week. cause the dust build up in my computer was getting pretty thick. We have an older house, and when the heater is turned on ( it was just recently turned on, like a month ago, due to cold weather ) Alot more dust gets in our house. So last night i went to my local Computer store, And bought a single can of Dry air. so i blow out the heatsink the best i could ( while the fan was still on it, i was to lazy to take it off ) And i dusted everything else out. Like the PSU. My Idle and Load temps both Dropped like 3*C!. Which is a pretty nice drop in temps, concidering all i did was remove alot of the dust. I still need to take the fan off the HS. and get any of the bigger peices of dust out of there. but i would like to say, i'm pretty happy in that temp drop. Shows you how well Dust Insulates, and Lower's the CFM of Fans. Just something i wanted to tell to people. Regular Maintenance, thats all thats needed.