• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

just dropped my temperatures

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

a1cnolan

yeah so until i can afford watercooling i just found a way to get my case temps lower...while it doesn't look great it does work great. i used scotch tape to seal the edges of my window.....i used some duct tape to close off the holes on the I/o shield on the back. and i closed up all the miscellaneous holes on the case...
ive been wondering mwhy my case temps were high and i found out why... i was running 29c system temp and 36c cpu...under load the case temp would go up one or two and the processor would hit 40 or 41... with all the taping i did it controlled flow of air through the case better.. the air must have actually been being pulled from the outside in through the shield and out the exhaust fans.. now that cfm is going to better use because i am at 36c under load for the processor and 25c for my system temps under load...its amazing what a little tape can do.. duct tape.. if they use it on the space shuttle its good enough for me