• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

just finished reading hoot's WB review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FIRESTARR357

Well i must say big props to you hoot for a great review.I have made up my mind i'm ganna order a gemini spiral this week and swap my maze 2 out.Not only because of the temp it showed in you're review i also was really impressed with how it looked and it's size.I can't wait to order it and give it a ride with my bucket bong:D

OP
FIRESTARR357

FIRESTARR357

No way man i will keep it i may wanna go pelt some day or save as a back up i'm like a pack rat when it comes to computer parts

Tecumseh

What? What do we have here a lynch mob mentality? :)
Look, there is no way that the DD Maze2 can go from
being the "reference" best in class WB to being crap!!

The gemini is great and Highlander944 AKA Peter has
do a great job of design and production, but is this
increased performance worth changing out a working
system with a Maze2? Also, Peter doesn't have a
WB that is designed for a pelt...yet.

This is technological evolution guys. This time there
was just a little bit bigger jump than usual.

The stuff that is coming is even more fantastic!!

OP
FIRESTARR357

FIRESTARR357

Not saying it's crap at all it's a great block but %[email protected]* even if i could sqeeze 2 degres of what i have now it would be worth the 40 bucks and if hoots review is right on the dime i'll drop 4 degres.and plus i am really in to how my pc looks and the maze 2 is a block of copper where as with some food coloring and a gemini water block it would look bad *** but i'm not saying the dd maze 2 is crap by any means.It is a reall good block and i have no complaints with it other then it's a copper block thats all no real shazam to it like the spiral or gemini.

Hoot

Inactive Moderator
As I mentioned in my article, the Maze2 probably does better than the results I got. My gut feeling is that it would be as good as the MCW-462u with the right mounting tension. Try pressing down on yours in each of the four corners and see if you temps go down. From some additional research, the problem seems to be with blocks that have a long tunnel through which the mounting screws pass. The threads tend to bite the tunnel walls. A little push on the block can break that momentary bite.

I also mentioned that the results of all the blocks are a product of all the components that make up the water cooling chain. The Maze2 is a very good block. Perhaps you can improve upon your temps by experimenting with the other components that make up your particular chain.

Hoot

Haddy

Registered
Hoot said:
As I mentioned in my article, the Maze2 probably does better than the results I got. My gut feeling is that it would be as good as the MCW-462u with the right mounting tension. Try pressing down on yours in each of the four corners and see if you temps go down. From some additional research, the problem seems to be with blocks that have a long tunnel through which the mounting screws pass. The threads tend to bite the tunnel walls. A little push on the block can break that momentary bite.

I also mentioned that the results of all the blocks are a product of all the components that make up the water cooling chain. The Maze2 is a very good block. Perhaps you can improve upon your temps by experimenting with the other components that make up your particular chain.

Hoot
Maze 2- yes pop some 1/2 nipples and a nice 350+ ghp pump and then well talk competition

JokerF15

If you're planning on chucking that Maze 2, i'll take it off your hands, i sell the Gemini block, use the Maze 2 personally. I don't want to mess with my current system. But Both blocks are awesome, you can't go wrong with either.

-Jokerf15