• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

just flashed A7V from bios 1004 to 1011 and...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

elva lover

okie, i just finished flashing, however, things seem to be running slower? when i load into windows, the black screen slowly slides down like a curtain (know what i mean?) also, when booting, it takes longer to detect hdd as well. also, in bios i can't change fsb anymore, i used to tho. overall tho, things seem to lag more... also, cd-rw stopped working. does anyone know why?

Last edited:

weasel

You may have gotten the wrong bios or an error during flashing, shouldn't have lost your fsb settings. Redownload the bios again and use the updated flash utility to see if it makes a difference.
Just noticed there is a newer beta bios here.

Last edited:

trulyred

I did the same too, and had no problems.I did use the flash utility,and everything works fine.I upgraded my hd and memory.I have a 80 gig uata133 hd and 640 mgs of ram. all on a a7vkt133rev 1.02 mobo!! Best mobo I have ever owned!!
Try reloading the bios with the utilitysee if that works.........tr

OP
elva lover

elva lover

i used the aflash utility on my cd. the one on the site couldn't be found. does this make a difference? i used the caldera dr dos flash (w/o utilities). would it make a difference if i updated my promise ata100 driver to the 1.60 (build 25)? or is that even older than the one w/ tha 1011 bios?

i just followed the instructions on the sticky in the amd motherboards forum. so... things should've been ok rite?

Last edited:

The-Fox

Registered
I reccomend using the "Aflash" utility From DOS, and use the IMAGE file from your H.D. sometimes the Floppy Corrupts the file and since BIOS is a very sensitive thing, I wouldnt take the risk.
One more thing, if you still gave problems as yo mentiond at the begining, try flashing to your last Bios in case you saved it, in case you didnt, try an older Bios...
Good Luck M8... ;)

Last edited:

papounet

Well I a m even using the beta 12 which I got form asus site, and I did not notice a problem.
what I do when I flash is :
go back to default speed.
format /S a disk
copy aflash and the bios file on it
boot the PC on the disk
save the running bios to the disk
flash the new Bios
archive the disk

I have not notice anything on the FSB becaus I am using jumpers mode (old school)

best