• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just for verification (unlocking)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

warp1

Registered
From reading the sticky's, heres how I understand it:

For t-breds: nothing required to unlock on a nforce 2 moboard.

For via board need to short the fifth L3 bridge.

Just curious, bought my first T-bred yesterday (refurb-newegg) for folding, I figure they got a decent chance of still being unlocked.

thanks for any info

Abit, Soltek NF2 motherboards can POST on all multipliers via setting them in the BIOS. Other NF2 motherboards cannot set the 5th multiplier or 8x bit, only the lower 4 so the multiplier ranges 5-12.5 and 13-24 are available. The 5th L3 bridge on the CPU determines which set of multipliers are available - 1800,2000 are lower set, 2100 is the upper set. 2500, 2800 Bartons are lower set.

VIA motherboards with multiplier adjustment also have this limitation of setting only 4 bits.

You unlock the 13x and up range with the pin mod and vice versa if you take it out.

NEW AMD CHIPS AFTER WEEK 39 CANNOT BE MULTIPLIER ADJUSTED. Through fiddling with bridges, pins or BIOS. AMD made some other modifications to the CPU/substrate fixing the multiplier.

No codes yet, they're in the mail. Since they're refurbs I figured they had a better chance of being prior to week 39.

Thaks for the info, looks I should have some multipliers out of the box, will only need to modify the chips if a specific band is desired.

All 3 of my moboards have onboard video (server and folders) and my experience has been poor FSB headroom with onboard video so multiplier's would give some added flexibility. This all assumes they are not recent steppings with a factory lock.

Back