• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just given a Duron @ 800mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DDR-PIII

Disabled
I was just wondering if id set the fsb of my duron 800Mhz cpu to 133Mhz instead of 100mhz (standard) and lowver the multiplyer to 6, which would give me the same cpu speed just with a faster fsb, would that make more heat than the standard settings of the cpu or would it be da same.
Since i know that cpus with 133mhz fsb are better and outperform cpus with lower fsb id like to do that.
My motherbaord is an epox 8kta3l+ which allowes me via jumpers and switches to perform the task i want to do, id appreciate it very much if anyone could help me on this.
Oh yes and btw i got a master cooler heatsink-fan solution which is recommended for cpu speeds up to 1600+ athlon xp

so will the CPU get hotter ?

Milkman

Yes that should work fine, I hear Duron will do 133 fsb no problem
and may only require a slight bump of the voltage if any and additional heat should be minimal:)

Thermal

I used to have a Duron800....OC'd to 1010mhz!(1.85v)...over a 6 month period, however, it became thermally damaged & would only hit 900 w/out glitches.

It should work fine tough in your setup w/out any problems...
;)