• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just go for it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kayboykb

Yo - some of you may have heard of my not being able to get into my bios problem. I couldn't ever get past the cpu detection to get into my bios.. I took the set-up out of the case and put it together and it booted up.. then I took it out and it booted continuously - and now it works.

The only thing is every now and then when I boot it up it'll hang at the cpu detection for a while when I cut the cpu on.. so I have to clear the CMOS and wait like 30 mins.

Should I just go ahead and get the 2.8C? I mean, in the end I want a higher cpu anyway, this 2.6 of mine can only get me 3.1 and I have W/Cing.. so I want a better chip. So even if the problem is my mobo, getting the other cpu wouldn't be a loss to me.

el

yeah sounds like you know it is probably the Mobo but you want to get a new Chip instead. I would sell the chip and then buy both.