• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

just got a leadtek tv tuner, have some questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kelvinblade

here's my setup:

gainward ti4200
leadtek tv tuner
onboard sound
21" monitor @ 1600*1200

1) i plug my ps 2 in and the full screen quality seems to be
very "blocky", like the pixels are pretty big. how can i improve
the quality?

2) do i plug the sound from the ps2 into the tuner and then
output the sound to the sound line in or just go from ps 2 to
sound card line in?

3) for digital tv, (i know this has been answered many times,
i already did a search) how can i get it to work on my computer.
the box is in another room for another tv. i don't want to pay
too much for it to get setup. what can i do?

Last edited:

OC Noob

To improve picture quality try DScaler, its way better then the leadtek software. Its free @ www.DScaler.org I think.

For the sound, go PS2 to TVTuner and TVTuner to sound card so you don't need to switch cords around all the time.

For the Digital cable, you will need a box. There are no other ways to do it.

Good luck.

OC Noob

Yeah, a digital box from the cable company.

I was in the same situation as you a few months ago, but I decided to forgo the digital and just use analog, which you don't need a cable box for.

OP
K

kelvinblade

i have digital tv at home already though
so i have to call them up and cancel digital and go back to analog
that way?

OC Noob

Nope, just hook up the coaxial cable to the TV Tuner and you'll get analog cable. Even if you have digital on your main TV.

I have digital in my livingroom and analog in the computer room and 2 bedrooms.

I use a splitter so one coaxial cable goes to my Router/cable modem and one goes to the TV tuner card.

If you do that the splitter needs to be a special one, I forget what exactly the difference between it and a normal spliter was, but just go to radio shack, tell them what you need and they'll show you right where its at.

So you can keep digital TV anywhere you have it and use analog for the computer OR you can get an extra digital cable box (like the one you have for your digital TV) and run it to your TV Tuner just like you would run it to your TV. That, from my understanding is the only way to get digital cable on a TV Tuner.

If you don't have cable internet just run a coaxial cable to the tuner and you'll get analog cable. That easy. You may have to do a little settup, like setting the TV Tuner software to cable and doing a channel search/scan.

OP
K

kelvinblade

you mean the coaxial cable from the wall or from the box? i tried to hook up the coaxial cable to the tv without the box and i can't get anything. so i don't think running it from the wall to my tuner would work either. are you running straight from the wall to your tuner?

OC Noob

Yeah, I am. I hooked it up straight from the wall, choose the coaxial in option. Set it up for U.S. cable and did an auto scan/search of channels and it worked.

It sounds like your coaxial cable/wiring is bad. If the TV works when hooked up to another cable connection in the house it must be your wiring.

Do you have broadband cable internet?