• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just got my gig of ocz3700EB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

situman

well it posted and went into windows @[email protected][email protected] but then it bsod once i tried to do something. That to me is impressive. I tried 3448 timings and the BSOD came a little later. Being an ABIT board with only 2.8v vdimm cant ask for much. Im gonna get my board vmodded in the next month or two. Then i will run this baby at 260fsb at the tightest timing. Until then, this is my report.

krag

Classifieds Moderator
Awww bro! You just gonna leave us like that? :-/

Shoot us some Sandras at least. I want to see that mem at 260fsb. :attn:

OP
S

situman

i cant even open windows explorer. I'm waiting to hear the results of ur mods. This thing definitely needs more volts than 2.8 to be stable at 260. sorry bro. i'll post sandra results later on at 208fsb running a 5:4 ratio. I ran it once at 208 and its 5600 unbuffered.

OP
S

situman

here's a screen shot of sandra @208fsb at2.5-2-2-7 timings at 2.8v

krag

Classifieds Moderator
THats very good for 208 @ 5:4...actually thats just screamin'!

Let me do a Sandra of 1:1 on 250fsb with my XL. Be back in a sec.

krag

Classifieds Moderator
Hmmmm, I am having trouble getting my rig to boot at 250fsb...maybe my 3.0c proc is dieing? Oh well my 3.0 DO pressy will be here today!!!!

Here is a shot at 1:1 247fsb;

Attachments

• 247fsb.JPG
    247fsb.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 267

krag

Classifieds Moderator
Situman's almost got me with his 208fsb on 5:4. ??????? I din't expect it to be that good of a score.

OP
S

situman

what's ur timings? Yeah i saw th reviews of the corsair and i was totally unimpressed and its more expensive. i just need vdimm to crank this baby up. Every review i saw, the memory maxes out at 250 fsb regardless or voltage. I hope i didnt offend u and ur memory Krag. :)

krag

Classifieds Moderator
situman said:
still waiting for u modded board bro.

My board will ship on Monday. Pat/Dan is having problems with the Madcat1968 VTT mod...they are going to try the Hipro5 Vtt mod and ship it on Mon. even if the Vtt mod doesn't get done. Its been almost a month...I am dieing to get my hands on that board. I sure hope the Vtt mod works cause I want to use the OCZ memory volt mod thats coming out.

My XL timings on that shot were 2.2.2.5 @ 247fsb...not to impressed. especially after seeing your bench. How much did you pay for yours? I might sell this XL and try the 3700EB.

OP
S

situman

i bought mine for 247 at atacom.com. i took a risk on that one cause they had no reseller ratings. But they were curteous and came through. I got so paranoid, i even emailed ocz and they said atacom is one of their best. so.... up to u bro

OP
S

situman

hey krag hows that gig of EB u got? im sure u can run 1:1 with ur modded board. post some benches man

krag

Classifieds Moderator
situman said:
hey krag hows that gig of EB u got? im sure u can run 1:1 with ur modded board. post some benches man

Yep, got it yesterday. But it has been giving me problems...I am experiencing re-boots at high fsb. Of coruse I am pumping 3.28v thru it but I think it needs more. Can't wait until the OCZ volt mod becomes available. I am using my P4C800-E right now. still waiting for my IC7. THe EB 3700 is benching faster then the XL.

Give me a sec...............

OP
S

situman

whoa i didnt know the pc4 can pump that much voltage. u probably modded the board.

krag

Classifieds Moderator
situman said:
whoa i didnt know the pc4 can pump that much voltage. u probably modded the board.

Yes, I am using the 50k pot v-dimm with smd grabber. I have a 120mm fan blowing straight on the mem and yeah this mem gets really hot. This is the highest bench I can get and no its not stable at this speed. It wasn't stable at this speed with my A-data DDR 500 either so I am thinking its the mobo. THis mobo has suffered at the hands of kraggy. :rolleyes: A failed droop mod...its still running. I slipped with the multi-meter probe and created a nice arc...its stil running, how? I have no idea but it is. It just has to get me through till I get my IC7. :p

Attachments

• 3700 248fsb.JPG
    3700 248fsb.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 197
OP
S

situman

seems kinda low bro. especuially since ur running 40fsb higher and at the same timings as me. Yup i guess ur board is really struggling here.

krag

Classifieds Moderator
situman said:
seems kinda low bro. especuially since ur running 40fsb higher and at the same timings as me. Yup i guess ur board is really struggling here.

Give me your highest 1:1 fsb...even if all you can give it is 2.85v