• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just having some fun

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
must be nice to have a low water bill... =P
Rumbled both of us #Laughs#

your laughin in the uk if youve got no drive or much garden, its a bizzare illogical formual that pays some folk best to stay away from and others to get a meter.

whens this "worlds briefest PC fire" startin anyhow Cadman? :D

soon. I have to mod a cover plate for my water block on this board, then it is just a matter of running it. I hope to have it all up and going this weekend. Pull some numbers for ya'll.

And a ton of pics, screen shots, and temps.

got waders and an earthing strap? #Laughs#

Cadman no1 subemersable overclocker :D

I love a bit of impractical and inefficient :clap:

I got about an hour on 10lbs of ice in 20% antifreeze running an e1200 under a 130w pelt.
You'll have some time.

a bucket of ice water will only be ice water for a few minutes before the constant wattage heats it up..

Here is the loop, water to the coil (submerged in ice) to the CPU and then to the drain. The water will never have a chance to heat up from the CPU. That water will be going down the drain.

I've always wanted to try this with the cold tap water here in Ontario, Canada.
I'd be running the water into a big barrel or something though to reuse for watering plants or refilling my fish tanks. :D

One thing I really want to try to do in the future is build a ground loop for geothermal cooling and just have some valves hooked up in my workshop so I can hook up a few set ups. (I GUESS I NEED TO BUILD MY FIRST WC SETUP FIRST THOUGH LOL)

I've always wanted to try this with the cold tap water here in Ontario, Canada.
I'd be running the water into a big barrel or something though to reuse for watering plants or refilling my fish tanks. :D

One thing I really want to try to do in the future is build a ground loop for geothermal cooling and just have some valves hooked up in my workshop so I can hook up a few set ups. (I GUESS I NEED TO BUILD MY FIRST WC SETUP FIRST THOUGH LOL)

Well if your winters are similar ( or colder ) then mine here. All you would have to do would be to have a rad outside, doesn't even have to be in the ground. LOL with the frost level of the ground you may have to worry about the whole rad freezing solid. That wouldn't be good either.

sorry everyone. project just went to back burner for a bit. burned up my HD and some ram on another project so I will have to get some parts before I can continue.

Well if your winters are similar ( or colder ) then mine here

Not sure what it is in Fahrenheit for you americans but it hits -40 Celsius here in Calgary Alberta. (Usually -30 at coldest but -40 at least once a year) We had a bad storm this year and got about 4 feet of snow.

That would be in the negative for us too. 0 degrees C is equal to 32 degrees F and it normally doesn't get all that cold here but we do reach in the negative numbers here. This year was quite mild for us tho.

That would be in the negative for us too. 0 degrees C is equal to 32 degrees F and it normally doesn't get all that cold here but we do reach in the negative numbers here. This year was quite mild for us tho.

The online converter I just used said -40 Celsius is equal to -40 Fahrenheit.

Well it usually doesn't get below -20 to -25 . And let me just stop the Canadian jokes by saying our winters start november-december and end in February to march. They are not 10 months long, it does not ALWAYS snow up here.

Yea imeant the hockey team.
Quebec is a french ppl populated city.(did u know it?) :0
All other canada Country?(C-B/Alberta etc...)are mostlikely english populated city...
In french we spell canadien like this. In english its canadian.

Back