• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Put My Armor Together......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wa77ss

Well....I just put my new Thermaltake Armor together and I musty say its really nice. I also poped in my new Floppy and DVD Drive. On first boot up I heard a really loud noise...undescribeable....airplane jet engine maybe ? Anyways...that scared me a little too much so I hit the power button on the PSU. The second boot up went very smoothley. This is my first Floppy I have ever put in before and I got a feeling that might have been what went wrong. Windows also hasnt recognized it yet, that might need a reinstall, I'm not too sure. Any thoughts on what the loud noise might have been on first boot up ? I has the side on and it muffled the location of the sound ..

Thanks....

OP
wa77ss

wa77ss

Ya... The BIOS recognizes it now, and also its working in Windows. I got a feeling was the loud 120 MM Fan in the back turning on. I havent heard the noise since I took the side off. So I assume it was just creating a loud wind tunnel in there. Thanks

clocker2

WaTTz said:
Ya... The BIOS recognizes it now, and also its working in Windows. I got a feeling was the loud 120 MM Fan in the back turning on. I havent heard the noise since I took the side off. So I assume it was just creating a loud wind tunnel in there. Thanks
I doubt that, TT fans don't push enough air to make a noise that loud.

I'd guess that something (maybe a wire?) was touching a fan blade somewhere but has since been shifted out of contact.

fuzzba11

W00t! Fellow Armor user here, your problem is almost surely the front doors vibrating. I use a piece of blue tack to hold the front doors against the plastic front, otherwise they vibrate constantly. I even tried suspending my hard drive and that didn't help, might be the plastic fan holders that are the culprit.

bapski

used to have the same case but did not experience the same problem. i doubt its the doors vibrating too as they are mounted fairly stable not unless it got dislodged or something. would really think something got caught in your fan. maybe a wayward wire....

easygoer

Registered
I have the same case and my only complaint is I can use the top fan due to my PSU wires being in the way.

OP
wa77ss

wa77ss

Ya I had that same problem but I found a solutiuon. I just take the back panel off and snake all the wired not being used into the back and then put the back panel back on.So you have all those cables sitting behined the motherboard panel. It works good for me.

I still have wires kind of in random spots because the fans are spaced so far apart and plus I am using all the speed fan connectors.

easygoer

Registered
WaTTz said:
Ya I had that same problem but I found a solutiuon. I just take the back panel off and snake all the wired not being used into the back and then put the back panel back on.So you have all those cables sitting behined the motherboard panel. It works good for me.

I still have wires kind of in random spots because the fans are spaced so far apart and plus I am using all the speed fan connectors.

Got a pic?