• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just received 1700+ tbred today

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tru2ya

I just received the chip today. Its a RIWGA 0234. I was able to get it up to 11 x 173 = 1905mhz(completes 3dmark2001se). I have the vcore at 2.08v because thats the lowest i can go when i do an overvolt on my board. I can't complete 3dmark2001se with a fsb higher than 173. I dont think its the cpu because I tried 174 x 10.5, 174 x 10, 174, 9.5, and 174 x 9. Still can't complete 3dmark2001se. I tried 11.5 x 173 but it won't boot into windows. But i feel i can get maybe another 100mhz if i could raise my fsb higher. I have no idea what could be holding me back. I took everything out of my comp except the harddrive, vcard, cpu and ram. Still get the same results. Anyone know what could be holding me back? Check my sig for details.

OP
T

Tru2ya

No I havent. Let me put it this way there was couple others i remember having the same vcard, ram, and harddrive and they were able to hit 200fsb easily. Another thing is with my previous cpu i was only able to up to 159fsb but it completed 3dmark2001se. Thats running way more out of spec. So please tell me how i answered my own question? I was hoping for some advice.

OC Detective

Other had same ram, vidcard and harddrive but you had a different cpu and probably different multi! I would think 1905MHz with a XP1700+ Tbred is probably at the limits of the cpu.

OP
T

Tru2ya

What about the fact that i tried it at a lower mutipliers then 11 and still it won't complete 3dmark at that fsb. How can i check with sandra to see if my agp is within spec? Because i heard that maybe a problem also.

OP
T

Tru2ya

I used the latest sandra to check my pci/agp speeds. It shows my pci at 44 mhz and agp at 88mhz. So the 1/5 divider is not kicking in? How can this be?

OC Detective

Sandra is giving the wrong readings. I think with PCI/AGP of 44/88 something like your hard drive would be corrupted! The only other possibilities are your RAM have you done a memtest? or one of your PCI's is holding you back - but as you said you stripped down your system then this possibility is unlikely.

Gnufsh

Regaurdles of whether the board supports it or not, sandra is just guessing. There is no way tto detect the PCI/AGP speeds through software. Anyway not all things of the same model are equal. Maybe one of your parts doesn't overclock as well as someone else's.