• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just received an agoia 9 0224

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tru2ya

Finally got the agoia after exchanging the aroga i got from newegg. Well anyways, i'm currently looking the L1 bridges and i must say i'm intimidated(unlocking) :eek: Everything is so squished together. I know you have to cover the pits with something non-conductive, but i dont know how i would do that without covering the dots as well. Any suggestions?

Yodums

You would put tape over the dots on the L1's then put super glue in the pits then remove the tape. Also, you should scratch the dots on the L1's with a pin or sand them down a tad for 10 secs to remove the coat. I noticed they have them on the brown chips like they do on the green core.

Yodums

Tycho

thats the exact chip i'm trying to unlock right now

is the highest multi they have 12.5?
I have really lousy ram so i'm gonna have to crank up the multi

1726 150X11.5 right now @ 1.85

maybe 1800 after i get my sk7 in

tbirdkiri

CRAYON!
why does no one use crayon? its soo much easier...

also for those with good eyes and a steady hand, i found that if your using conductive paint you can save alot of time. basically instead of taping each bridge seperately. i cut the tape into tiny strips to go between the bridges. then filled em all in at once. when i was done i just removed the strips to reveal perfect connections..

OP
T

Tru2ya

I decided not to unlock just yet, i wanted to make sure all my new parts work, which they do. So i'll see how i high i can bring it up the fsb. One problem though, like an idiot when i was testing to see if i can post, i put my gf2 gts in part of the pro agp slot and was wondering why it wasnt fitting so i said forget i'll fix it later(leaving the vcard in the slot) and just see if the motherboard says system failed video test or something like that. Well it did, and then i started smelling a burning smell, not too long after smoke from the agp slot. I shut off the comp imidiately. I look at the bottom of the vcard and theres some burnt marks. I assume it doesnt work anymore. So i pulled out my old 3dfx card voodoo3 and it post fine and i'm able to boot into windows with my previous drive. I just hope that i didnt damage anything. :( And i'll keep you guys posted with overclocking. ;)

OP
T

Tru2ya

I've tried testing the fsb with just my cpu+fan, voodoo3 card, cosair xms pc3200, hard drive, and i tried setting the fsb at 166mhz and it won't boot into windows, I set it 1.775v and the same, then tried 1.8v and then it didnt post and bios reset itself next time i booted up. I didnt try any setting lower or higher then 166mhz because i thought it should be able to boot at 166mhz?

Update:

It boots up fine in windows, but havent tested it with any benchmark software yet. Also when i use cpuid it shows my ram only at 300mhz, I dont get it suppost to be a pc3200. :( I now tested the fsb at 160 and it boots up to windows fine with the memory on the slowest timings. But again i didnt use any benchmark software to test it at that speed. Cpuid reports ddr speed at 320mhz. I think i got ripped off. :mad:

Another thing i dont understand is when i try to raise vcore it doesnt seem to go any higher then 1.8v and thats what it was at default.

Last edited:

pltguy

Registered
Tru2ya said:
Finally got the agoia after exchanging the aroga i got from newegg. Well anyways, i'm currently looking the L1 bridges and i must say i'm intimidated(unlocking) :eek: Everything is so squished together. I know you have to cover the pits with something non-conductive, but i dont know how i would do that without covering the dots as well. Any suggestions?

The AROGA-Y 0212 i got from new egg doe's 1764(10.5x168) , not as good as this AGOIA-Y 0212 doe's thoe!

OP
T

Tru2ya

Also why can't I boot to windows with 160mhz with the fastest timings when its a xms pc3200 cas2, i thought they were guranteed to run at 200mhz at fastest timings? Why would that have anything to do with a locked cpu? Another thing is i don't have any drivers installed for mboard yet. I'm booting up from the hard drive of my previous system. Will that also have an effect on not being boot into windows at a higher speed?

Last edited:
OP
T

Tru2ya

I have the fastest timings on right now. I able to boot into windows setting the fsb to 166mhz. For some reason hardware monitor diplays my voltage at 1.8v no matter what i set it at manually. So this time i just ignored it and set it to 1.85v. When i tried the overvolt i got scared because hardware monitor then shows that my vcore is at 2.1v. Should i continue to ignore hardware monitor? Well anyways, it was able to boot at 166mhz but then eventually the blue screen came up.

Last edited: