• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just switched PSU's, OC is not stable anymore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bobmanfoo

Disabled
Just switched out my Antec True330w with a OCZ PowerStream 420w, and my OC is no longer stable. should this be expected? i have to raise the core an extra .25V. any help is appreciated, as i am worried that my cpu is dieing.........

ps: anyone need interested in the Antec? PM me if you are

Yuriman

The psu may not be feeding your pc as well as the old antec. I trust sparkle/fortron more than any other company not only because of their reputation, but because I have a 250w fortron from 1996 that runs a 9700pro and a mobile barton at 2.5ghz stable. If you grab a 400w one, it will handle just about anything.

OP
B

bobmanfoo

Disabled
Yuriman said:
The psu may not be feeding your pc as well as the old antec. I trust sparkle/fortron more than any other company not only because of their reputation, but because I have a 250w fortron from 1996 that runs a 9700pro and a mobile barton at 2.5ghz stable. If you grab a 400w one, it will handle just about anything.
the rails are higher on the OCZ, i adjusted them about +2-3% over stock specs, and i've read very good reviews about the OCZ PowerStreams, many say its second only to PPC. i was just worried about my cpu dieing