• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

JUST testing on AIR......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
JCviggen
Hipro5

being you 2 have the highest scores in PCmark2002 i really hope either one of you will blow away the current SETI benchmark score by a descent margain! Soon!

:)

hipro5 said:

Yeap.....you can bet on that..... ;)

Well if not tomorrow my impatience is going to take over and i'll mess with it myself... you know what happens then.... dead IC7 ;)

Phoenix :

sure man np

Well I don't have a Prometia so I'll have to try for second place ;)
3.7.jpg

3.6HT.jpg

Hi People,

I have problem with OCing my P4 3.0C.Please post your comments.

The problem is I cannot go over 233 FSb even my cpu can handle it.During the prime95 test system locks.

What I tried;
Vcore:tried upto 1.7V no change.
Vmem:tested all the voltage steps.
Vagp:1.5
AGP/PCI freq: set 66.6/33.3
Mem.Freq.set 266
HT on/off didnot help
USB Legacy:disabled/enabled didnot help

My system is;

P4 3.0C stock HS SL6WK packdate:25th Apr. 2003
P4c800 nondelux rev:1.3
Vantec 520W PSU
2x256 PC3200 Samsung Mem.
Ati9800pro
60GB Maxtor HDD
LG 52x CDROM
LG 48x12x48 CDW
Creative 5.1 Live
Aztec 56k V90 Int.Modem

If you would send your comments I will be appritiated.

:(

The only weak link in your system that I see is the Samsung PC3200. The max I could get my single channel Samsung ram was 217mhz x 2DDR (DDR434) using a 5/4 divider. Are u using the 5/4 divider? That could be your problem. I have the same mainboard as u and the same ram. Expect I only have one 512mb chip. Contemplating ordering OCZ Dual Channel Gold PC3700 but lack of reviews being a new item and all I have been reluctant in purchasing. OCZ had a bad rap awhile back but this new ram looks promising.

hi korkut,

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS.

so, just shy of 3.5ghz isn't fast enough?

I think your cpu is just about topping out.
yes, maybe with better memory you'll get a little higher, but not by much.
be happy, it's a nice OC.

mica

TheGr8s1 said:
The only weak link in your system that I see is the Samsung PC3200. The max I could get my single channel Samsung ram was 217mhz x 2DDR (DDR434) using a 5/4 divider. Are u using the 5/4 divider? That could be your problem. I have the same mainboard as u and the same ram. Expect I only have one 512mb chip. Contemplating ordering OCZ Dual Channel Gold PC3700 but lack of reviews being a new item and all I have been reluctant in purchasing. OCZ had a bad rap awhile back but this new ram looks promising.

Thanx for your reply.
I use 5:4 diverder.Mem.freq only reach to 313Mhz(I overclock FSB from 200 to 235 means 266*235/200=313MHz mem.freq.) So the memories those I use must handle it.:bang head.

Additionally I have a Corsair PC3500 512MB mem.module.I have tried to OC.FSB to 235 with all the diver options and it failed aswell.

The CPU temp is about 47 degree C and 38C NB temp.Could the temp. problem? If I use better CPU heatsink and active cooling on NB would let me go futher?

Thanx in advance

Thank you micamica1217,

You are telling me that 3.5Ghz must enough for OC?
You have oced your 2.4Ghz ro 3.4Ghz:) means 41% overclocking but I stucked at only 17%. I could overclock my P4 3.0C to 3.495...

And I have read some guys could easly overclock 3.0C to 250FSB with stock Vcore and HS...

You know that we overclockers are restless.There is no good reason to overclock but we do ;)

So any help?Pleaseeee

Welcome to the forums kurkut..... :)

IF your P4 3GHz is FPO/BATCH : L309 then I think you're about the max frequncy on air that can do stable NOMATTER what VCore you give it

Thank you hipro5,

Yes it is unfortunately...Damn man.We pay the same money for a product but One can get much more than the other from it.It is not fair:-(

Thanx for your help...Will bomb Intel...

korkut said:
And hipro5;

Is L309 P4 3.0C a overclocked 2.6C or 2.8C?

And where can I get info about the cpu models?

Thank you again...

Noone knows what exactly is a P4 3C or 2.8C or 2.6C or 2.4C......

You can get some info from Intel.......

INFO HERE

Korknut, where did you get your asus P4C800 Non-Deluxe from? I've been waiting for this board to come out.

Thanx hipro5,

y23kc,

I have bought it from www.eksa.com.tr but they do not ship it internationaly.It is a local dealer for Turkey.

So overclocking adventure is over on p4 3.0c for now...

Thanx everybody...

korkut said:
Thanx hipro5,

y23kc,

I have bought it from www.eksa.com.tr but they do not ship it internationaly.It is a local dealer for Turkey.

So overclocking adventure is over on p4 3.0c for now...

Thanx everybody...

Do you know or can you ask them if they send to Greece???....I'm interestead of an ASUS nondeluxe too and they don't have any here in Greece......

Yes Sure,

I thing if you do transfer the money to the bank acount(no credit card) and acept the shipping cost then it will be no problem.
It is about costed 175USD+18% tax to me.

Also you have to consider that custom regulations for your country.

Korkut...

Back