• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just throwing up my future setup for advice.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FooTemps

Registered
Alright, I'm running an SG01 and I'm going to watercool and mod (eep, cutting up my poor beautiful SG01!) it.

Here's the setup I'm planning:

Swiftech storm (don't trust the apogee yet)
Aqua xtreme mp-1 gpu
d5 or aquaxtreme 50z
pa160
custom built res or some creatively done work with a 5.25 bay res

I'm already aware of the clearance issues of the storm in the sg01 with a normal psu. (I'm still trying to figure a way around it but I'm deciding on installing smaller fans on the front and back to blow air through it so I can cut down the psu in size. I can sacrifice a little silence.) I'm also aware that the mp-1 gpu block is more restrictive than the maze 4 but I'd believe the pin design is way better for cooling.

Now on to questions:
Ram sinks for the video card... what would you reccomend?
Will the pa160 dissapate the heat from both the gpu and cpu?

Alright, update time...

I'm planning on buying tonight but I'm beginning to doubt my choice on my radiator. Since I'm cramming my cooling solution into an SFF, I can't use the shroud for the pa160. Are there any solutions to this or should I just go with a 120x2 sized radiator?

Back