• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

just unlocked, NEED HELP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

emericanchaos

ok the unlock is botched. won't boot into windows on anything other than 12 (xp1900 agoia blah blah blah)

so i goto set it back to the clock i was at. set mem freq to 133:133 instead of 100:133 and start bumpin up FSB to 146. set Vcore to 1.825 and goto boot. first time i did this it would POST then the win2k dos load bar thing popped up. ran all the way to the end except for 2 bars than froze. tried ctrl alt del and didn't work so i hit reset. wouldn't POST. hit power and it would POST and enter BIOS setup at 1200Mhz (limp mode as i call it) so i set everything back to default values and try again. no POST. reset back at 1200Mhz. finally after a bit of trouble shooting i found that it won't let me raise my FSB over 140 and the multi is still locked. what the hell is goin on?

super glue in the pit defroster paint on the bridges. mask over the bridges but not the pit. fill pit with glue scrape excess off of pit and onto mask. pull mask off and move back exposing bridges. apply deforst paint connecting bridges over filled in pits. MADE SURE NOT TO CROSS BRIDGES. was emphasized to me.

repeat for all 5 bridges on L1. i cleaned with acetone applied defrost paint with a tooth pick.

Back