• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

just wondering, what are the best pc peakers money can buy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bonka

VideoLogic, who makes the siroccos and digitheatres went under recently. They couldn't penetrate a market of subpar standards when their stuff was high end for pc multimedia.

Sounds like you have money to burn, if that's the case, get some REAL home theater equipment and hook it up to your computer. Look for brands like Energy, Celestion, B & W, Signet, Inifinity, Paradigm, etc, etc.

Klipsch are great, but they've had some bumps with regards to quality control with some of their units, like with the quality control issues Logitech had with their Z-560's.

Yodums

Bonka said:
VideoLogic, who makes the siroccos and digitheatres went under recently. They couldn't penetrate a market of subpar standards when their stuff was high end for pc multimedia.

Sounds like you have money to burn, if that's the case, get some REAL home theater equipment and hook it up to your computer. Look for brands like Energy, Celestion, B & W, Signet, Inifinity, Paradigm, etc, etc.

Klipsch are great, but they've had some bumps with regards to quality control with some of their units, like with the quality control issues Logitech had with their Z-560's.

Ditto. Get some home theatre equipment and hook it up. But I don't see why you would do that when you can watch DVDs on the wide screen or something :D

kaltag

The logitech z680s "pwn joo" j/k but they are awesome sounding especially if you have digital out out.

Bon3thugz43v3r

I just purchased the logitech 560's THX certified 4.1's and they are great speakers for under 200 bucks. I think its the best speaker purchase I have made, there is no flaws whatsoever. Also, the person above me posted about digital, digital makes no difference in pc speakers, you really cannot tell the difference. For the money these speakers are in my opinion the best, I was looking for, the best for your money speakers, and thats what I got. Now if you dont want THX certified speakers (Which you do want them, they have more watts, and overall sound better) then its a toss up. 4.1 THX speakers run around 200, and the 5.1's run around 350. Happy speaker purchasing. :p

kaltag

I disagree, I can DEFINATELY tell a difference between analog and digital on these speakers. Perhaps your hearing is worse than mine. My 2 cents....

bill

I have the Klipsch 5.1's and all i can say is i have no complants no matter what i play music games dvd's and no matter how high i crank them theyre clear as can be. i hear the logitech are great too but ive never tryed them.

Bon3thugz43v3r

kaltag said:
I disagree, I can DEFINATELY tell a difference between analog and digital on these speakers. Perhaps your hearing is worse than mine. My 2 cents....
Ok first of all, I have family members in the speaker business. Second, on a pc soundcard, digital has no difference then analog besides the wiring. The distortion and such is so minimal that analog and digital will not give you any difference. If you do not believe me, ask any PROFESSIONAL person in the sound industry that knows about pc audio as well as home audio, class a type things.

No, I showered
I'd say it probably depends on the sound card. The DACs in a sound card aren't real great quality in most cases. Basically, if you've got a cheaper card like an SB Live! then you may well notice a difference. If you've got something higher end like an Audigy 2 or Sound Storm then it's not going to be all that noticable.

No, I showered
Actually, you'd be surprised these days how many even low end cards support digital. You can pick up an SB Live! with the digital output for around $25-30 at computer shows and online

OP
M

modenaf1

Bonka said:

Sounds like you have money to burn

he he noooooo. im a poor 8th grade student that is lucky if i can afford a mouse ball.

I was just wondering. i like to keep up with all the latest and greatest stuff, I always know about the new cpus and graphics cards that come out, but it wasnt until recently till i thought "i wonder whats going with all the new sound stuff "

JupiterSSJ4

Registered
pick up an audigy2 and the brand new cambridge (creative) 6.1 THX's that are like 350. Nothing compares to them. (They require and audigy2) I am going to get the same setup.

The Klipsch's have had problems right out of the box where the amps were dying.