• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K7 pro Slot A

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

smudged

hi all

I was hoping to find anyone out there with experience of the MSI 6195 (k7 Pro SlotA) based mobo's all comments are welcome but max FSB multipliers and performance gains would be a great help.

Any one who feels like posting a system spec and /or stability reports please feel free, also if you guys have come across any interesting articles then please post a link!

i want to try to gain as much info as possible on the board to start to compile a bit of a expert guide.
cheers for your time
s

druidelder

I was wondering the same things, and I hate to waste space in your post smudged with questions and not answers, but it seemed like the place. Does anybod know where I can buy a new BIOS chip for this board. Isearch MSI's site, asked in their forums, and checked out AMI's site too. I couldn't find the detail of info I need. (It would just say, if you need a replacement, purchase for one of our bios chip vendors, but they don't say who those people might be) Thanks.

OP
smudged

smudged

I wouldn't even know where to begin to look. To be honest i am considering a complete change of mobo, i am getting frustrated with the lack of support in changing the memory bus speed.

My t-bird is running perfect clocked @945 but sandra is warning that the the memory bus is exceding the spec of both the card and the RAM. this causes no probs until i push it the FSB up one more notch to 106 and then things start to get a little fryed aroung the edges.

So although my temps are all fine, i am limiteed as to what i can do. This was one of the main reasons for posting for info on the K7Pro in the first place. I have seen an ASUS K7Vwhich runs the Via KX133 Chipset on an auction site that i an keeping a eye on. maybe that is the way to get hte most out of my current setup.

(or i could try saving for the upgrade to an XP i suppose)