• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K7D Master-L onboard USB problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cccary

Registered
Has anyone had a problem with the onboard USB's not recognizing hardware?

I have the USB controller card that came with the board installed and this works perfectly, but I now need the slot for a LSI U160 SCSI card.

For some reason when I connect anything to these two onboard USB's they do not recognize the hardware. In device manager everything appears to be working.

Initially I had problems with the onboard LAN as well, but a reformat and re-install somehow took care of that. Well, I also had to slow down the speed to 10mb full duplex.

I just was trying to figure out why my Epson 960 printer stopped working(not recognized) on my computer after I installed and moved my hard drives to a promise card(66 slot).I tried the printer in another system-worked fine.Then I plugged a joystick in to the USB and XP picked that up right away,strange.Sorry I cant help,but our trouble might be related.

I've got three K7D's and all of them have perfectly working USB, with the devices I have used (USB MP3 players, printers, scanners, and mice.)

Only problem I have had with my onboard USB was when I broke one of the USB connectors at a lan party (DOH! :eek: ). You have all the proper chipset drivers installed?

I read over at MSI' website forums that someone had a similar issue and attributed to the fact that you cannot have the onboard USB's and hook up front panel USB's to the board directly at the same time. His was saying that they use the same resources or something and that I should try and disconnect the front panel USB's.

Well, disconnected the front USB's and the onboard USB's are working fine now. BUT: After that, I tried hooking up the D-link bracket that came with the board and installed it. The USB's on the Dlink worked just fine. So I guess his problem must have been with an earlier version of the K7D.

Only issue now is that with the D bracket CPU2 now runs a couple of degrees warmer, so I may decide to take it out again.

Back