• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K7D Master temp probe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spec_Ops2087

I got all my temps showing....45C and 31C both full load....Now I do know one runs hotter. What I want to know is does it run HOTTER or is it just a bug in the probe...also does the k7d Master-L read on-die temp because I don't see anything in the socket to read the temp...?

Spec

cmcquistion

IT Director Senior
Yeah, it reads the AMD diode. It's not normal for the temp to be off by that much, it's usually between 3 and 8 degrees C. Are you sure that your heatsinks are both seated well and your heatsink compound is applied properly?

OP
Spec_Ops2087

Spec_Ops2087

yeah I am sure that everything is fine....guess I may have to resit them:rolleyes: which sux becasue it is a PAIN to get the SLK-700s in there =\

Spec

MospeadasDark

I'm pretty sure there's something wrong. Many think it's that the 2nd proc gets a lot of extra voltage. I'm watercooling and the 2nd one is always a bit higher by 4-6C.