• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K7D VDimm mod?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SickBoy

Inactive Moderator
Has anyone seen/read anything about a DDR Voltage mod for the K7D? (Or an equivalent mod for a different board with the same voltage regulation IC)

I'm not quite sure what IC the K7D uses for voltage regulation but I'm betting that IC appears on some other board somewhere.

sb

OP
S

SickBoy

Inactive Moderator
Yeah, I'm getting kinda frustrated with the overclockability of this board... I'm losing bootability at 1320 with my Durons, and I -know- these have more potential in them than that. The problems start when I turn up the memory timings, too. That "CPU2" voltage reading that you get on this board is actually the DDR voltage and it's hovering at about 2.55V which is pretty low considering most people with single CPU boards run the DDR voltage at 2.7v or higher.

I'm not getting too terribly attached to this board anymore - it's time to break out the soldering iron... :)

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
Thanx man.

Nice thing about this mod is it's solderless and easily reversed without any physical damage to the board.

Ace-a-Rue

Boy, with that mod and Vcore mod this board just smokes. I know the memory bandwidth on any AMD machine is sub par and of course, the AMD 762/768 wasn't designed for flow, but just to crunch; crunch it does!:) To the tune of:

MSI_CPU.gif

MSI_MMX.gif

MSI_MEM.gif

MSI_CACHE.gif