• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K7s5a

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

predjo

Registered
I had one strange problem
I made computer with K7S5A, xp 1600, GF 2mx400, maxtor 60GB hdd, 512 Mb sdram, Win XP pro and everything work good. But after few days, after few hours of work computer freeze, that happens few times and after that i wasn't able to start computer again. I had to leave him alone half hour and after that computer start to work fine again till that 's happend again. I changed all parts except MB and thats happend again. Did somebody have some problem or that is because MB only?

mbigna

The fact that your machine seems to start back up after being off for a while points to an overheating problem. It's probably the CPU, but could be memory or something else. Check your heatsink/fan on the CPU. Also, did you use some thermal compound on your heatsink? Is your heatsink fan plugged in and working? Check your temperatures with one of several monitoring programs. That might give you a clue. Remove your side panel and see if that helps. While it's open, you can feel around your heatsink and memory, north and southbridge chips and see if you can find something that is unusually warm.

Welcome to the forums!

OP
P

predjo

Registered
I check all, i check 2 different CPU, i have termal compound, everything. That was my 14 K7S5A computers which I assemble. I really check everything and this happend first time. Did anybody hear something about problems with Win XP SP1? Can maybe that be a problem?
Thanks

mbigna

predjo said:
I check all, i check 2 different CPU, i have termal compound, everything. That was my 14 K7S5A computers which I assemble. I really check everything and this happend first time. Did anybody hear something about problems with Win XP SP1? Can maybe that be a problem?
Thanks
Check out this thread:

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=126716

The K7S5A is known to be stable even if it is a mediocre overclocker. What are you using to read your temperatures and what is it reporting?

Have you tried swapping out your memory for something different?

OP
P

predjo

Registered
I install win xp without sp1 and now everything work ok, I can't understand that something like that can mess up everything. Thanks on help

palee72

maybe the power supply was lacking a little bit??

::edit:: Just read your last post... maybe I'm just blowing smoke...:D

Glad you got it working...

SpyderMatrix

i had this problem and as it turned out on one computer it was a stupid setting in the acpi part of the bios as for the second one i still have no clue some people say its the ram but i am not sure