• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K8N Diamond Plus- what do you think?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

martinjon666

This looks to be a really cool board, I especially like the dual x16 pcie slots. Does anyone know when we can expect this board to come onto the market? Or even what its gonna cost at the release date? i can't find anything and i am rather curious.

(yes Rich i know) :p

OP
martinjon666

martinjon666

Thats a good thread. The only things its really missing is vcore, benching, oc'ing, and release date. Sure wish i knew these, or i may have to go to a dfi board, we'll see after x-mas.

rseven

martinjon666 said:
(yes Rich i know) :p
Okay, I know you know, but Jon, WindwithMe is nothing more than an advertiser. (He shouldn't be posting that stuff here!!!!!!!! :temper: )The information was straight from MSI. Okay that's all I will say, but you know the rest. :rolleyes:

OP
martinjon666

martinjon666

lol, Rich i wasn't trying to put you off, i just knew what your first post was gonna say. Putting the Brand MSI aside what do you think about this board, your input is valuable to me, you Have been around the block a FEW more times than me :D I really do want to know what you think. As for windwithme, i figured he must recieve an MSI paycheck, he has 1 of these boards and 2 MSI 7800's. seems a bit strange for someone to just have this stuff lying around to do tests and take pictures.

rseven

This new NF4 chipset is the next logical step. The problem is the extra bandwidth will go unused because there is nothing out there to utilize it, by the time there is the board will be dated in other ways. The Asus version is supposed to be an excellent overclocker and I would expect the same from the MSI version as well. The problem is MSI's are built to such shoddy standards that the odds of a dud are far greater than with better brands.

As for having been around the block a few times, this is true. Unfortunately, I don't remember having been around it, or or how I got lost and found my way back. Now, what was I saying? :confused: