• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K8V SE USB incompatibility

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Choronzon

Hi,

Just upgraded from an nForce 2 board to the K8V SE Deluxe mobo. I'm running 1Gig GeIL 4000 Ultra memory and an Athlon 64 3400.

I have a problem in that I want to use an official PS2 gamepad with an adaptor (from play.com). This arrangement worked fine with the previous mobo, and Windows XP detected the pad as something like a 4 way 16 button gamepad.

However, with the new mobo, after a fresh install of windows (inc. patches and updates etc) I plug the gamepad into one of the USB ports and it seems to autodetect fine. Indeed it even runs fine in games. But, when I power off the PC and restart, the gamepad disappears and device manager reports that the USB port in question 'cannot be started'. If I then unplug the gamepad and reboot the USB port comes back online again.

I'd really appreciate some help - this is really frustrating.

Thanks very much

Robolf

Registered
Have you tired going into device manager, selecting the usb root hub and upgrading driver with auto search, or whatever one is causing the problem.

I had this problem with my usb hub on my original install, but with this one i did something like that and it went away.

Rob