• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KD7 Fan Sensors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SlowBurn

I'm not sure how many have this board, but why does it only have 2 fan sensors? I like to keep track of how fast pretty much all my fans are running.

Sonny

Senior TIFOSI
The 2 rpm sensors are for monitoring your CPU HSF, should be plugged directly to you PSU & the RPM wire to a fan header, & a system fan, a good way to monitor your northbridge fan, since they are the most important anyways.

Jarek

Registered
I have a KD7 RAID and harware monitor installed it displays all the things except my fans rpms whats the deal?
I think its time to try Motherboard Monitor.

madsam

Jarek said:
I have a KD7 RAID and harware monitor installed it displays all the things except my fans rpms whats the deal?
I think its time to try Motherboard Monitor.
did you plug the cpu fan speed wire into the ..fan1...header on the motherboard? and the fan2 header on the motherboard is the second fan speed missing in your hardware monitor.

also, if the wires are in the fan1 and fan2 headers, and it still doesn't work, download the hardware monitor again, or use mbm5, since it's a favorite around the forums.:burn: :burn: :burn:

Jarek

Registered
I did both and still cant monitor rpm its either the fans or the sensors on my mobo are DOA. :mad:
Can you guys help me configure MBM to monitor all that stuff ?
There is nothing that mentions anything about the KD7 on MBM site.

Thanx !

Last edited:
OP
SlowBurn

SlowBurn

In your PC Health option in the Bios it will show you your RPMS of the fans that you put on FAN1 and FAN2. Are there any readings in there? If so, then it's just something that has to be done with MBM. In which case if you go into the Dashboard settings and click on the General settings, go into the System Info all the way to the right. If you look at the bottom of the window there's an icon of a little computer, I think it's called System Info also. Click that, and it will give you all the sensors that are detected through MBM. Look through that list for your fans. I apologize if this is not accurate, but at this present time I'm not in front of a computer that has MBM running. I will edit the post when I have it in front of me for more detailed instructions.

Jarek

Registered
Thank you for a quick reply but, they are not displayed in the bios either I guess the funs are bad or the sensors on my mobo.:mad:

Ahh they were not on fun header 1 and 2 :rolleyes:
Thanx !!!

Last edited: