• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KD7 Temps in Bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SlowBurn

I looked at PC Health in the Bios and it showed my temps as Case: 39C, CPU Surface: 38C, and CPU Core: 59C. I even looked at Hardware Monitor and it only showed my case and Surface temps. Now I don't know if I should be worried about the 59C temp. Does anyone else have this problem?

maap

Registered
Pretty close to what I've got with an O/Cd XP2400.

Case temp/CPU surface are always within a deg of each other and range from 34c-44c and my CPU core temp ranges from 48c-61c depending on load and ambient room/case temp.

madsam

man, those temps seem pretty high to me. i am getting the at7-max2, and i hope there will be some accuracy to the temps. when overclocked, i can't keep a chip stable at those temps, which makes me suspect inaccuracy , and not actual temps. i'd like to hear more on this from those who may know........

madsam

ok, i tested a kd7-raid, and i now own the at7-max2, and i see what you guys refer to as the core temp....that's the internal cpu temp? i would guess that it's not that high after all. maybe that's what AMD had in mind when they claimed the cpus work up to 90 degrees celcius. just a thought