• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KD7 Wows

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ferrettt

Registered
hi
Well so far im not impressed, first off there are no agp 2x4x8x settings in the bios carnt find it antwere and my 480mx can run 8x agp but it keeps putting my monitor into standby, are there any know problems with this and the KD7.Also there dosent appear to be a IO votage control.Abit have decided to ditch the in socket temp prob so i dont know were its reading its temps from any idea? the bios shows me 2 one which is 12 degrees higher than the other.Its stable and just a tad quicker in the benchies than my KX7 can go higher on my ram but i dont know for sure if it stable but ill let you all know when it sorted.
Ferret

maap

Registered
The agp settings are located in the "Advanced Chipset Features" menu under "AGP & P2P Bridge control"

If they're not there you might need to flash/reflash your bios.

Your correct, there is no "vio" adjustment.

As far as the two CPU temp readings;

1. External CPU Temp (top) is reading the socket thermistor.
2. Internal CPU Temp (bottom) is reading the XP internal diode (the real CPU temp)

So far I'm very happy with this board. I upgraded from an Epox 8k3a+ (which I fried). I've been able to run the FSB up to 210 at the most aggressive mem settings but I have to crank up the vore and vdimm higher then I'd like.

OP
F

Ferrettt

Registered
Thanks
Agp control is not present so i guess i will have to flash it.What bios are you using i see on abit there are only 2.
Can you tell me is the board capable of 8x AGP cause some people are saying no.
Have you any idea were the KX7 took its readin from i think that would have been from the socket.
What internal temps do you have are you on air or liquid cooling?
Those votages are a bit scary
Thanks for your help man.
Ferret

maap

Registered
Yes it supports AGP 8x, according to both the manual and webpage. I believe ALL KT400 chipsets support AGP 8x. Of course my GF4 is only 4x so I can't say it does indeed work but I've read reviews of the KD7 where they (the reviewers) were using a Radeon 9700 pro at 8x.

Link to Abit's KD7 web page

I'm using the lastest BIOS (the September one).

My CPU temps run approx 40c (thermistor) and 50c (CPU diode).
This is at least 10c cooler then my old unlocked xp1800+ (8.5x200), at the same vcore!

Cooling? Air... Thermalright SLK-800 w/Mechatronics 80mm
F8025X12B1 Fan (4200 RPM, 53 CFM, 39 dBA)

Last edited:
OP
F

Ferrettt

Registered
Thanks M8 i think you have steered me in the right direction, btw thats one hell of an oc at 1.75 volts nice one.
Ferret