• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

keeping my whitewater looking nice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zip22

i got my new whitewater today, and it had tarnished so i put it into a salt/vinegar bath. then i realised that its gonna be a few days at least before i get it installed. to prevent it from tarnishing or oxidizing from being in the air, can i keep it in a bath of isopropyl alcohol? or might this be bad for the copper?

OP
zip22

zip22

yeah i was thinking about that too. but that would still leave all the channels unprotected, and i would have to buy it

=ACID RAIN=

Don't worry about it for now. When you get ready to install it, grab a piece of wet/dry sandpaper (leaving it dry would be best IMO), fold it, and clean inside the channels. Also do the open areas of the block with it, and even the entire surface of the block if you want. Then wash it off, reseat you O-ring and replace the top and now you have a new block that's all nice and shiny :)

At least that's what I did ;)

johan851

Insatiably Malcontent, Senior Member
It's just a cosmetic thing, it shouldn't hurt your performance...at least as far as I know.

Soja

Are you going to even be able to see the channels once your system is filled?

OP
zip22

zip22

yeah i know, i just didn't want it to get all ugly looking