• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Keyboard/Mouse help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Headstand

My dad has a MS wireless keyboard/mouse laser 6000 v2 on his AMD Phenom II X3 720 system. Not sure about the board as he is in TX and I am far away. Anyway, he can't get into the BIOS or even chose an operating system using this wireless setup. It doesn't recognize the keyboard until the OS is loading, but he doesn't get the "no keyboard" error. If he plugs in a wired USB keyboard or a PS2, then they work fine, but just not the MS wireless combo.

Any thoughts?

Try this:

Plug in a PS2 keyboard and mouse, then boot up. Once it's on desktop, remove PS2 keyboard/mouse and plug in the MS wireless keyboard/mouse set.

Once the os has installed it's drivers, then reboot and see if hitting the DEL key on the keyboard will allow him to get into the bios.

If this doesn't work, then I'm afraid the issue is with the MS and/or the mobo that don't play well together. It's happend to me a few times.

Also, with the PS2 keyboard in, go into the BIOS and see if it has a setting to turn on USB device detection durring boot up. I've seen systems with this. I seem to remember seeing it as something like "Legacy USB support".

Also, with the PS2 keyboard in, go into the BIOS and see if it has a setting to turn on USB device detection durring boot up. I've seen systems with this. I seem to remember seeing it as something like "Legacy USB support".

Ahh right, forgot that one. Good call :thup:

We got it. I didn't think it was BIOS related as he could get into the BIOS by pressing "DEL" but after the splash screen he lost it.

It was in the BIOS under peripherals there was
USB Keyboard <ENABLED><DISABLED>
USB Mouse <ENABLED><DISABLED>

Enabled both and it works fine.

Thanks for the help.

Whoo-hoo! I'm glad it was a simple fix for you! :clap:

(Why yes...I've had this problem before as well...)

Whoo-hoo! I'm glad it was a simple fix for you! :clap:

(Why yes...I've had this problem before as well...)

Thx. He is very good at doing most stuff himself, heck he taught me back in the day. But when he does have an issue, it is hard being so far away. I know if I was sitting there, I would have eventually found it, but that is the joy of these forums.

OCForums = distributed processing. Kinda like folding, but with gray matter. :thup:

Yep, that is what we are here for! :salute:

I've gotten more than enough help here that I'm just trying to pay it back.

Oh, and if nobody else has said it:

:welcome: to the forums!

Back