• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Keyboard port dead???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JDXNC

We had a power outage the other day, nothing wierd... power just went out and then came back on again about 3 hours later. So anyway, all my rigs shut down(after the UPS's ran out on some) and my HTPC, the K6-2 450 in my sig, on a Lucky-star 5MVP3 board, now the keyboard is the old AT type. So Windows had been acting up on me so I decided to just do a reinstal as soon as I turned it on, booted up for the 2k cd, ran setup all fine, no probs... but once setup completed and windows booted for the first time the keyboard no longer worked! So I say, bah, cheap keyboard, run upstairs and bring another one down, no go either! , now it won't work in the BIOS or anything! but if I unplug the keyboard during post is says the usual "keyboard error or not present - press F1 to continue"(now gee insn't that bright :rolleyes: ) Seeing as its just my HTPC the keyboard doesn't get used much, but its a pain to run upstairs and run VNC to log onto the damn thing! Anyone have any clue what could have happend??? I removed everything but the essentials but its has the same results. I'm so lost as to what the heck happened here??? Wondering should I go and spend $20 on a USB keyboard or what???? :confused:

RIPUS

Registered
You can even try to make a boot/flash disk for your bios so if something append to your bios, you will be notice right after. if it's not working, i think you should buy a usb one.

i ad the same stupid memo when i blow my keyboard a couple of ears ago and ad the same reaction :D

cerberus

for the keyboard check it just identifies whether or not theres a closed circuit attached to the plug.. you prob nuked a little something somewhere but theres no way to tell what unless you can see something charred on the mobo or in the keyboard obviously