• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Keyboard Recommendations

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jorlain

In the market for a new Keyboard, and looking for suggestions. I'm an avid gamer, so, I'd like to find a decent gaming keyboard. Cost is an issue, the cheaper, the better. :)

I recently purchased a Logitech MX 518, but I think I may bring that back as I'm not really happy with it compared to the price I paid for it. I mean, it's a groovy mouse and all, but, I don't know. Even after a $15 voucher and 10% off I still paid $35 for it, which seems a bit much for this mouse.

At any rate, I'm a bit interested in the Logitech G15, but it's a little on the pricey side depending on where you shop. I've seen it as low as $50, but I think those were refurbs and not new.

My old Logitech MX3000 setup served me well, but I'm trying to steer clear of wireless due to interference issues and the slightly slower response time. (I never really noticed any response time issues from the mouse, just a small delay from the keyboard. Though, the mouse would tweak out once in a while).

Some of the Saiteks don't look too bad. Backlighting is definitely a plus for those late-night LANs. :)

J-O_S-H

The SAITEK Eclipse II is fairly good... costs $50 new from Newegg...

Code:
[url]http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823175001[/url]

Don't know if you consider that too expensive... but its a good keyboard for the money.

BenF

I was in the same situation as you were a month ago or so. I ended up getting a g15 because I am able to use the apps that come with it (ventrilo and wow primarily). If you aren't going to use the extra tools you pay for with the g15 then I wouldn't recommend it, the g11 would be a better choice. The Eclipse II is also supposed to be pretty good and costs about the same as the g11.

OP
Jorlain

Jorlain

Thanks, guys. I was kind of leaning towards the G11 myself. The only thing that I really frowned on with the G11 is that the macro keys on the left hand side are double stacked, making it a little wider than necessary.

I have had my eye on a Saitek Eclipse II, also. They both seem pretty nice. I do like having the micro's on the side of the board, though, and Logitech has treated me very well over the years.

The more I think about it, the more I want a G15. But I'm a tight-wad and I'm having troubles pulling the trigger on something that isn't a necessity. :)

theflash083

Thanks, guys. I was kind of leaning towards the G11 myself. The only thing that I really frowned on with the G11 is that the macro keys on the left hand side are double stacked, making it a little wider than necessary.

I have had my eye on a Saitek Eclipse II, also. They both seem pretty nice. I do like having the micro's on the side of the board, though, and Logitech has treated me very well over the years.

The more I think about it, the more I want a G15. But I'm a tight-wad and I'm having troubles pulling the trigger on something that isn't a necessity. :)

well if you want a g15, but dont want to spend the money. Get the G11 as i said its the same exact keyboard -the LCD
well If you have the older G15 anyways. Sorry i was not even thinking about the new G15. :/

Brando

Saitek eclipse original version is cheap and has a nice feel to it. I think mine was $20 plus shipping. It's reliable except the paint comes off the keys faster then I'd expect but what the heck it's a cheap keyboard and fits like a glove.

OP
Jorlain

Jorlain

The paint wearing off doesn't bother me. Usually A, S, D, W, Z, and X wear off of my motherboards right away if they're painted on. It's a shame more companies don't engrave them anymore.

I think I might be leaning more towards the Saitek Eclipse series since they're a bit cheaper. But those macros are making me drool.

Marshmallow64

Really depends what you are playing, if you need macros then go with the G11, otherwise a gaming mouse and the eclispe is all you really need for most games.

Benitora

I have used a G11 for the past year and love all of the macro keys. You can pick up for for a decent price as well.