• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KHX PC2700 / PC3000 Any recent purchases?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Reefa_Madness

DRAM Guru Senior
Has anybody bought any of this in the last couple of months from any of the larger online vendors?

This stuff, according to the DDR List of ram with Winbond should be either bh-6 for the PC2700, or anything from bh-5 to ch-5 for the PC3000, but it is still in stock and it is still relatively cheap, but when people are looking for bh-5/6, nobody mentions this. Why? Is it crappy? I've read good reviews on both of them but I'm just curious as to whether anybody has bought some lately.

How would you rate it compared to stuff like the Micron based chips and other ram in the 100 to 120 per 512 stick price range?

flapperhead

you know reefa man, since everyones out of the winbond chips they could be some picked samsung, cause i heard they run tight under 200 mhz...

OP
Reefa_Madness

Reefa_Madness

DRAM Guru Senior
flapperhead said:
you know reefa man, since everyones out of the winbond chips they could be some picked samsung, cause i heard they run tight under 200 mhz...

So you don't think that they have Winbond anymore? I bought some PC3000 in May and it was bh-5 (I looked). I think that it is just old stock because when someone (vendor) runs out, they never restock the sold out item, which if it was still being produced, you would expect them to. I really believe that there is Winbond bh-5/6 being overlooked, and I'm just trying to find out if there is a good reason, like poor performance from the way it was implemented by Kingston, for example, or if we have blinders on and are just missing this stuff. I am very tempted to pick up some of the PC2700, since I don't have any bh-6 and see if I don't get lucky. Worse case scenario, I have some ram that runs fast timings at around 200 or so, so I run it at 5:4 with a P4 @ 3.0 or 3.2...darn good excuse to have to go buy a new P4, don't you think?

I'll ask again, has anyone bought any of this recently and if so, how does it do?