• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Khx3000?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Welcome to the forums!

Sometimes, and sometimes not. If you're willing to risk getting stuck with CH5 or something similar, then take the risk, and you may get lucky; I did. Otherwise, there are better places to look for 2-2-2 capable memory.

Those are all CH5.

There is no risk-free way of getting BH5 these days, short of buying it used from a trusted seller. I suppose the best place to look would probably be KHX3000, though, if you're willing to take the risk. Everything else is pretty much guaranteed not to be BH5.

I'd suggest spending the extra $$$ and opting for OCZ 3200 EB.

If I would get a CH5 KHX3000 ram, about how much would I be able to clock it with an Abit NF7-S rev2 and a Athlon 2500+ Mobile?

Is the CH5 KHX3500 better than the CH5 KHX3000?

Thats not necessarily true Gautam. While the high percentage of KHX3500 is CH5, there were batches that were BH5. These were made very early on during BH5 production. After those first few batches, they started using CH5 for it.

As for the recommendation, I would agree with Gautam and get something liike the 3200EB.

They don't ship the PC3200EB anymore at newegg, its just EL bh-6 stuff. Theyre switching the PC3200EB to micron 5ns i think.

CalsonicGTR said:
Thats not necessarily true Gautam. While the high percentage of KHX3500 is CH5, there were batches that were BH5. These were made very early on during BH5 production. After those first few batches, they started using CH5 for it.
Yes, you're right. Sorry for the confusion. I meant that you wont be finding any BH5 in KHX3500 today.

But the place where i buy the things just have the KHX3000/512, KHX3500 and corsair XMS3200LL. So the choice is between them, I've heard that there is a chance to get BH5(or BH6) with KHX3000 there.
But if both KHX3500 and KHX3000 have CH5 do they get about the same overclocking results?

Back