• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Killing a r9700 and wd hdd?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyranos

I'm running my xp1700 aroia "9" at 1.68ghz at 1.9v core, 140x12 load temp 50c.... 768mb pc2100 at 2.7v... I am kind of worried about my radeon and hard drives though.. Do you think the pci/agp speeds are safe as of now? I don't want to burn out anything :\..

emericanchaos

if your on a kt266a chipset than your PCI bus should be around 36-37. i've taken my radeon to 150 fine. same with my hard drives. two limited edition caviars at 38Mhz PCI.

EDIT:

i just saw your sig. your chipset should have a 1/5 divisor so you should still be around 33Mhz pci. not exactly sure becuase i've never played with a kt400a

bldegle2

ATI

if you are worried, back her off to stock.

overclocking comes with problems and sometimes you have to open your wallet up to replace a part or two. if you are not willing to do that, stick to stock.

a mild clock like you are doing will not hurt anything, kinda like the turbo button on the old 486 machines.

go for it.

i presently have the Sapphire ATI 9700 in the rig, running 184 FSB right now, have had it to 216.

baldy:cool: