• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Killing my radeon

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
D

Dragon_Engineer2

Well I'm going to be taking my stock heat sink off my radeon 9700 tonight.I understand the risks and if I kill it in the proccess so be it.I can't wait though I would do it now but I'm stuck here at work doing secound shift :( .

STOP! Doing this after second shift when your tired is a B-A-D idea. Wait for the weakened when your fresh.

I think you're insane to be messing with a 350.00 card! :D

The only advice I can give is to wait for the weekend seeing that it's only a few days away. You may just make a mistake when you're all stressed out from work :eek:

a truly insane overclocker, don't do it LOL, too much of a card for me to consider that...

cisco kid

Hazaa I'm at a core speed of 350 and a mem speed of 330.Boosted my 3d mark score over 600 points.Gonna see if I can get higher with out ram sinks.

Push Push Push Stable at 360/340.Going to try 365/345.

Well I'm 365/345.Can't push the mem any higher till tomorrow when I put the ramsinks on.Currently though I get a 15888 in 3dmark o yeah.Ut2003 Scores 118Flyby BotMatch 70 @1600x1200.

use extra caution when putting on the ramsinks, 99.99% of the accidents happen when people splooge the thermal adhesive on and the 'overflow' ends up killing the card.

Just a tip:rolleyes:

Not a problem I used ARCTIC ALUMINA
THERMAL ADHESIVE for the ram sinks.
The down side is that I put the sinks on around 1:30pm and had to leave for work so now I have to wait for this stupid secound shift to be over. :(

Silversinksam said:
use extra caution when putting on the ramsinks, 99.99% of the accidents happen when people splooge the thermal adhesive on and the 'overflow' ends up killing the card.

Just a tip:rolleyes:

O I almost forgot.After I put the ram sinks on all I got from my mother board was a long string of beeps.Scared me to death but then I remembered that I had not attached the power cable to my card.Phew :D

blimey thats an expensive card 2 be playing about with, if i herd those beeps after doing what you had done i think i would of had a heart attack :D

Well if your up to doing it again use ARCTIC ALUMINA its non conductive.
Deadphishy said:
wow. let me be an example, i killed my 9000 pro by getting a small amount on the memory pins. not the happiest time of my life.

On my way home now hope to have some benchies up in a hour or so.

I did it!I boosted my score by over 900 points!
http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=4924945
I score 16081
In Ut2003 at 1600x1200 I score
FlyBy123
BotMatch 71
My core is at 385 and mem at 345.My ram sinks however didnt help me squeeze anymore mhz out of the ram.Could this have something todo with how much power the card supplies the mem?

Back