• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingston hyper-x and ASUS A7N8X Deluxe!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

snowdude

Registered
I'm so tired of reading everywhere that this ram or that ram or whatever ram WON'T work in the freaken nforce 2 mobos!!!! I was "hoping" to be buying 2 sticks of hyper x Kingston 512 PC 2700 ddr ram, but now hearing it crashes everything when installed, I decided not to. So I went looking at Crucial ram, SAME FREAKEN PROBLEM!! then off to Corsair, same problem!!!. and I can't spend a lot of money on RAM. The hyper X series was 70 bucks per stick, thats good for me. I can't go over that well maybe 75 per stick, but still this is getting ridiculous!! Why can't anyone fix this stupid ram problem?? Can anyone show me to a good ram brand where i can get 2 sticks of 512 PC 2700??? Thanks, and sorry for typos, but this is getting ridiculous!!!'

Also I was very escited to get the kingston hyper x series, it fit my budget and had good performance. Now to get what I want I just may have to get the epox 8rda+, I didn't want to becuase the specs said it can't support even a 2500 barton (my CPU). Anyways, please help and reply!!!

Nolo31

Click here

I highly recommend this ram. It is pc3200, and under your price limit. it is optimized for dual channel, and achieves excellent timings running at high speeds. All of that AND the goofballs sent me 2x512 sticks instead of the 2x256 sticks like i paid for :D. Nice guys eh?

OP
S

snowdude

Registered
I don't want 2x256 pieces, I want 2x512's.... so someone please respond to about the kingston and asus!!

Nolo31

Would of been nice if you stated that in your original post. Hold on let me go look some more. For 150ish, asking for 2x512 is a lil concerning :mad:

Nolo31

By the way, kingston pc2100 ram worked completly fine in my a7n8x board. I used it for about 2 weeks before I got my new ram. Never a problem one with it. Maybe try the non hyper-x stuff from kingston? If you are so keen on using kingston ram in yoru system.

OP
S

snowdude

Registered
Well, I could MAYBE spend like 180 at most then for two sticks...

Nolo31

If you can't get ram to work, you obviously need to flash yout bios or something. Your ram slots may be dead or defective. You may have them in the wrong way. You may be running dual channel mode with the ram in the wrong slots. There are alot of possible problems that you could have. Try flashing the bios first. Downloads are avalible on the asus site. Heck, I think there was a post about it on this same page. Read a little bit.