• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingston hyper x series

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

larva

Inactive Moderator
I'm sure it rocks, but I'm not sure you need to spend that much

I've been evaluating the Kingston Value Ram in my 845e based P4 system. I got a 512MB PC2700 stick for my sister's machine, and surprisingly enough, it got stuck in my machine. It runs at PC3500 speed (432MHz on my board, 162 at 3:4) on only 2.7V with cas 2,7,3,3 timing on my BD7-II. I just got in a second stick, the 256MB version this time. It performs identically to the first one. With more voltage I am sure even more clock speed would be feasible, but I am limited at present by the cpu. Very nice ram.

The part numbers I am using are KVR333X64C25/512 and /256. They have Kingston (?) branded chips on them with the following number: D328DW-60. I'm not sure if this is a winbond chip or what but it really performs. Given the stability it shows at PC3500 speed I can't help but wonder if the expensive stuff isn't the same module with a heat spreader attatched...

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
This is the first time I have seen Kingston use a heatspreader

20-144-102-01.JPG

OP
TyRex

TyRex

It seems like some realy high performing stuff, both my kingston 256 pc2100s can do 165 easily at 2.7v. My cpu cant handle that though. I've been tempted to get an agoia xp1600 to see how far they could go, but now that i see this, i might have to break the bank and get both the agoia and some hyperx