• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingston PC2100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tebore

Has any one gotten any Kingston Pc2100 lately I mean like in the last month or so? If yes then what voltages and how high?
I'm RMAing my stick of 512 because of memory errors and am also hoping for a higher FSB from some new stuff.

Edit:B4 you start flaming me I mean i got Memtest86 errors, not errors from a overclock. These errors just really show up when I crank up the FSB tho, they don't cause anything really serious at stock speed but i don't like the thought of Imperfection on something i paid $250CND for.

Last edited:

mbentley

Gloriously Lead, Overclockix Chief Architect
Tebore said:
Has any one gotten any Kingston Pc2100 lately I mean like in the last month or so? If yes then what voltages and how high?
I'm RMAing my stick of 512 because of memory errors and am also hoping for a higher FSB from some new stuff.

i actually have a stick on the way now... it's a 512 stick from newegg... i will post how that goes...

btw, watch out for the anti unethical overclockers army... they don't like it when people o/c stuff and RMA it because technically you aren't supposed to do it... i can't stop you from doing it, but it's your personal choice. try cleaning the contacts with a clean eraser... and have you tried it in a different board or tried a different stick? just curious if it may be the slot...

mbentley

Re: Re: Kingston PC2100

mbentley said:

i actually have a stick on the way now... it's a 512 stick from newegg... i will post how that goes...

btw, watch out for the anti unethical overclockers army... they don't like it when people o/c stuff and RMA it because technically you aren't supposed to do it... i can't stop you from doing it, but it's your personal choice. try cleaning the contacts with a clean eraser... and have you tried it in a different board or tried a different stick? just curious if it may be the slot...

i got in my stick of 512 and i can now set my memory timings to "agressive" it was my cheaper stick of ram that was holding me back... my mobo only has agressive and normal... don't feel like messing with stuff i don't know about fully...

mbentley

Tebore said:
Can you tell me what kinda chips are on the new Stick, And how fast of a FSB are ya running?

i am running at 133 fsb... my motherboard doesn't allow the user to manually change that... but my memory timings can be changed and that is all i can do... it makes it stable... i will check for ya on the memory in about half an hour... i'll have to shut down my sytem to check cause i don't remember offhand

*edit: while you are waiting for me to crack my case open, here's a product link:
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduct.asp?DEPA=&submit=Go&description=N82E16820144001

*2nd edit: okay, i cracked open the case and examined the memory. i wasn't sure what i was looking for so this is what i found:
-on the chips, it says
V50560
0244p01
D328DW-60

-on one of the stickers it says
ValueRAM
KVR266X64C25/512

-on the other sticker it says
9905200-004.A00
1038479-2.5V

hope this helps*

Last edited:

TyRex

i've got 2 256 of kingston pc2100, both do 166 pretty easy.....

Hey mbentley, I notice you're a fellow boiler........only a week and a half left......:D

dxiw

Disabled
why not just forget about the kingston and get some high quality crucial, i've had some crucial ddr266 run 370 stable

mbentley

TyRex said:

Hey mbentley, I notice you're a fellow boiler........only a week and a half left......:D

oh yes... i can't wait... i only have 1 final too :D it's math... too bad it's on thursday morning... good to know there is a fellow boilermaker out there on the forum. what are you majoring in?

i would go for the crucial as well if you are looking for a good o/c. i hear that's the best of the best...

mbentley

TyRex said:
nuclear engr.........how bout you?

i'm a computer engineering... but i am actually changing majors... i am going for computer technology... i don't feel like being innovative :D there aren't very many people in nuclear. you must be one of the smartest people in engineering if you'd ask me... you're gonna get a nice job once you get through with the program... i wanted to be a nuclear engineering, but i was never good with chemistry. i always thought it would be something different to do... just never went through with it.

TyRex

actually it's the easiest engr major to get in, nobody really does it, and you only need a 2.0.......

mbentley

TyRex said:
actually it's the easiest engr major to get in, nobody really does it, and you only need a 2.0.......

i would consider it, but i dropped out of chem due to the fact that i was failing... my professor was pathetic... i asked around about cpt and it just sounds better to me...

Conan

TyRex said:
i have the same ram, can u tell me the settings in bios? plus the divider,the voltage and multiplier, and which cpu and mobo ??
thx

larva

Inactive Moderator
mbentley said:

-on the chips, it says
V50560
0244p01
D328DW-60

That's the same chips as on my Value Ram PC2700. D328DW-60. This is the best PC2700 on the market now. It runs 429-436MHz, cas2 every time. Apparantly it is cheaper for Kingston to use it on both the 2100 and the 2700 than to source a cheaper chip for the 2100. They are 6ns, faster than needed for 2100 speeds. The 2700 is far superior to Crucial, which is nothing special at all.

Conan

TyRex said:

hey man where are u i need your info!!

TyRex

i got this ram about a year and a half ago, it does 2-3-3-7-8-8-8 at 166, multi set at 10.5....voltage is at 2.7.....the rest is in my sig

jlin453

larva said:

That's the same chips as on my Value Ram PC2700. D328DW-60. This is the best PC2700 on the market now. It runs 429-436MHz, cas2 every time. Apparantly it is cheaper for Kingston to use it on both the 2100 and the 2700 than to source a cheaper chip for the 2100. They are 6ns, faster than needed for 2100 speeds. The 2700 is far superior to Crucial, which is nothing special at all.

WOOOHOOOOO, received my Value Ram PC2700 from googlegear today and it's using the same chips!