• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingston ValueRAM OCability?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ElvishArcher

I ahve one stick of Pc2700 and one stick of 2100... I'm not sure but it is atleast 2100. And both are running at 266 FSB now, do you think the stick of 2100 can run at 333? I don't feel like buying more RAM, strapped for cash at the moment...

Tatuya

Kingston Valueram has used MANY types of chips in the past and no one can tell you how it will OC based on knowing the advertised speed. If you could provide some chip names and numbers it would greatly help and really, trying out for yourelf is the best way to learn how high the RAM OCs.

dicecca112

running the pc2100 at 333, 67 over stock speed is a big jump, I would so 30-40 on that would be a make, I was able to get 360 on my pc2700, so I would doubt you could get the 2100 that high. Another question though is what are the chips on the memory?

Sir Barton

look at your memory chips...not the stick, but the chips that are on them...and post every number and letter you see on them...in the order in which they appear. give us the numbers of the chips from both sticks of memory. my memory is kingston value ram PC3200, and it has hynix D43 chips, which are standard PC3700 chips.

OP
ElvishArcher

ElvishArcher

It looks exactly like it on the chips

Samsung 145
K4H280838C - TCBO

and then the Model - KVR266x64C25/128