• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingston ValueRam special

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AK50

Good prices on valueram here's the link and free shipping too. Offer says vaild until Jan 31st.

edit: forgot $25 rebate though but still good

kingston valueram? i would touch that stuff with a ten-foot pole...its like asking for ur system to crash

dalilman52 said:
kingston valueram? i would touch that stuff with a ten-foot pole...its like asking for ur system to crash

It's actually pretty good. Just ask Hipro5. He has his PC2700 running waaaay past PC3200.

NiTrO bOiE said:

It's actually pretty good. Just ask Hipro5. He has his PC2700 running waaaay past PC3200.

my friend got the pc3200 in 2x pack of 256

and it was the worst timings, always crashed...prolly jsut bad sticks i guess

dalilman52 said:

I've had absolutely ZERO problems with Kingston Value RAM. I'm currently running 2 sticks of 256 megs PC3200 running CAS 2.0 at 11-2-2 in dual-channel mode. I was running it as low as 5-2-2, but raised Active Time due to better results with Nforce2.

I guess everyone has different experiences though, I won't go near Crucial memory. Had 2 sticks from Newegg crap out on me.

dalilman52 said:
my stick of PC2700 Valueram did 218mhz cas 2 with only 2.7v. :)

yeah, maxvla's stick had winbond bh-6s on it, i bought it:D to match my other value ram with bh-6s so i have a gig running at 200fsb dual [email protected], some of the 3200 stuff comes with the 4.3ns hynix ram though, great for high fsb, not good at all for low timings

Supertrucker said:
yeah, maxvla's stick had winbond bh-6s on it, i bought it:D to match my other value ram with bh-6s so i have a gig running at 200fsb dual [email protected], some of the 3200 stuff comes with the 4.3ns hynix ram though, great for high fsb, not good at all for low timings
come on! make those sticks scream! :D

210 at least. i know they can do it. :)

Well my 512MB of 2700 is doing just fine, running at 2100 though cause my other 256mb's of crucial ram is 2100, but that will be fixed soon enough, no conflicts though mixing these sticks, im very happy.:)

Performance to value ratio is excellent in most cases with kingston, I Have heard so many negative things about corsair's; ocz's; and geil's "value" ram, I will stick with Kingston.

well, my 8rda took a vdd mod to get it stable past 185fsb, my goal was a stable 200 and i got that, havent really tweaked beyond that though, but i know the mem is good for around 215-220 from when i memtested async to determine if it was my nb or my mem holdin me back

I'm running my 256 Mb of Pc2100 at 155 Mhz completely stable with most agressive timings.

-Jeff

DANGER!!!!!!! DANGER Will Robinson!!!!!

I was lucky and got the 2.5 CAS memory, I just checked the site and they must have sold out on that and are now showing the CAS 3.0 memory (only looked at the PC3200, so I don't know about anything else). Make sure you look twice before buying.

Back