• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kit advice for the H20 Greenhorn.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eli

I've seen alot of these, but I'm going to ask anyway as it is a special right now. The kit can be found here for $99 bucks base price. Is this a good start out for a newbie like me? I want an inline system with no res. Any advice is much appreciated!

bs18mt5c.jpg

this is the kit.

JML

that's not a bad looking kit, thought I can't comment on the waterblock. Funny how they picture a sunon fan, but don't offer it as one of the fan options. You'll want to put a shroud between your radiator and fan, it'll improve performance and lower the noise from the fan.

Rakk

For the price that's hard to beat. As JML says be sure to use a shroud - if you're on a budget just make one with cardboard and tape.

The system doesn't seem to come with any elbow joints but you can always pick those up if you find that you need them. Besides it's better not to have elbows if you can help it, it's just that some people find that they're physical case restrictions demand the use of elbows.

Oh, and you'll also need some tube clips to make sure your tube doesn't slip off the barbs (it doesn't say that these are included).

OP
eli

eli

Thanks for the advice guys. I think i'm going to go ahead and pick up this kit. It would be good for a newbie like me. :)

EluSiOn

well.... the price is hard to beat but.... I dun think because you are a noobie and you have to settle for this kit... check out the kit at www.dangerden.com ... it is still not bad.. although people doesnt like the blace ice series Radiator. You can get a good heater core radiator with shroud from d-tek

OP
eli

eli

Yeah, the block kinda worries me. Looks pretty dodgey.. I would rather get a quality block.

OP
eli

eli

Yeah, i've changed my mind on the kit. I would rather start off with a nice block. SO, right now it's block party time. I'm thinking the TC-4 from d-teK? Do they have good heatercores too? I'm taking care of the hose stuff, so all i'll need is pump, heatercore, additives and block. :rolleyes:

NeoMoses

For additives, get some "Dex-Cool" antifreeze. It's the orange stuff. It works much better than water wetter to fight corrosion. And, it's pretty common since it's used in lots of newer cars. 1 gallon costs about $6-$7 (depending on brand) and will last you through many, many refills.

OP
eli

eli

I just bought a TC-4, so that is what i'm going to build off of. 1/2 inch setup, with a nice heatercore and good pump. Most likely the VIA Aqua 300.. pretty cheap and good from what i hear.