• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KOTOR freezing when i get to new char screen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amanojyaku

i just got a new graphics card the 9600xt and when i try to play knights of the old republic it just freezes. i unistalled the old card ati card drivers i had and installed the drivers on the cd. all of my other games work except kotor. and yes i have directx 9.0b installed. has anyone else had this prob. am i going to have to update to cat 3.10? update the game? what?

Blueskies

Registered
does this happen wt the Geforce 5600XT too? A friend of mine was having the same problems. The game works fine on the Endar Spire but when they get down to Taris Hideout, the came seems to slowdown n then comes to a halt....

Other games work fine on full details...

Smartiepants

I'm not sure, the patch said it had an issue with 9600 series video cards, I used to have that problem before I upgraded, I think the system requirements on the Endar Spire are alot lower, because of the small levels (areas)