• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Krag needs help setting up his Raptor 74gig'er raid O!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krag

Classifieds Moderator
Dang it bros!!!!:mad:

I can't get windows to take my raid drivers off of my floppy!!

I setup my raid O array with a 16k stripe everything went nicly. I set my boot order to CD poped in my XP CD hit F6 and waited for the "A" drive screen....it poped up. I then inserted the floppy that came with the mobo and it was a no go. I head the floppy access but the screen came back. "Please insert the disk labled 'Manufactures supplied hardware support disk." I must have hit the "enter" button a hundred times and it a no go. I even swapped floppy drives and I downloaded the latest raid drivers from Abits site and put them on a new floppy but its still the same thing.

HELP HELP HELP!!! I AM ABOUT READY TO TAKE MY FRAMING HAMMER TO IT!!!!!

I am stuck on my laptop at the moment.:rolleyes:

donny_paycheck

Inactive Super Quad Mod
donny heartily endorses this venture as long as krag promises to post his bench results when he's done.

OP
krag

krag

Classifieds Moderator
donny_paycheck said:
donny heartily endorses this venture as long as krag promises to post his bench results when he's done.

Heh heh! Yep, that will be the first thing I do! :D

I can't get Windows setup to take my raid drivers off my floppy!!!!!!!!!

Its really making me mad!! I have done this a hundred times before and have never had this happen??!!

I even went to the Intel site and used thier drivers and still all I get is hearing the floppy drive work then the Please insert page again.........

OP
krag

krag

Classifieds Moderator
Ok OK I figured it out. The floppy button was not allowed to extend all the way because of a crappy little Lian-Li face plate that I just put on. The floppy wasn't seating all the way down into the drive.

DANG!! What bone head?!?:eek: :confused: :bang head :-/

[BAST]Dozer

Krag

Dude,

Go out to the manufacturers website and get the updated driver.
I'm having a similar problem, I get all the way to formatting the drives and it hangs at 51% of the format????

Dozer

OP
krag

krag

Classifieds Moderator
Excelsior said:
ROLF....

Werid situation with a funny ending... LoL

Yep! I'm a dummy! :-/ :D

The funniest part is that I worked on it for about an hour before I finaly found out what the problem was. I was swappin' floppys, cables and checking wires like a mad scientist. And just couldn't understand what was happening? I was in a total panic when I posted this thread!:eek:

Oh well, maybe someone can benifit from my problem?

stan03

its always the simplest thing that gets you... i was installing on my raid just now... and forgot to set the cd as the 1st boot device :rolleyes: :D

caRpetbomBer

Yeah or when you try to install XP and wonder why you cant get the cd to boot up into the XP setup. Open the cdrom and find its not the XP cd ROFL.