• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KRT-Raid install w/XP help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DigitalCartel

I am attempting to install two Maxtor 60GB drives (ATA133) to my KR7-RAID mobo. I have updated the latest bios and have setup the the RAID 0 drives using the Highpoint bios utility. My problem is that when I rry to load XP from the CDROM, windows tells me that "setup did not find any hardrives installed". The system then aborts the install. If I hook up my old drive (with win XP installed), it does recognize the RAID drive as drive "D." Please help as I am out of fresh ideas. Thanks in advance.
Carlos
[email protected]

When XP loads you are asked if you want to install any additional drivers for SCSI disks etc... and tells you to press F6. Thats when you have to insert the floppy with the high point drivers you got with the mobo. (you can allso download it from fae.abit.com.tw) If you don't do this XP will be unable to recognize any RAID setup which is hooked up to the mobo.
hope that helps :)

Back