• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KT400 Dragon Ultra with 2200+ problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nobitacu

Registered
Hello...

I just got my second KT400 Dragon and well, it still does the same thing, so then I put in a 1800+ and then boom, everything works fine. I put my 2200+ in, then it freezes again during post. I thought this MB can handle up to 2800+? Is it my CPU that's costing this problem? maybe the cpu is defective? I just got this cpu as well... from newegg, I hope they will still let me RMA in, even though I just did a RMA with them for the MB, because I thought that was the problem... I guess it's was the CPU all along.... Think they will take the CPU back if that's the problem?

Thanks

Last edited:

Rcoe

Yes that board will support up to the 2800. It does sound like you have a cpu problem. First check and make sure you didnot get any thermal grease on the wafer portion of the chip as this can cause all manner of strange behavior.

If that does not work then I wold rma the cpu.

OP
nobitacu

nobitacu

Registered
yea... I requested a RMA from newegg, so I'm hoping they will appove it... since I already did it with the MB thinking that was the problem... and got a new board back from them...

Does anyone else here had a CPU problem like this before? Getting a brand new CPU that turns out to be defective? If you did, what kind of problem did you encounter?

=[8c0re8]=

Does anyone else here had a CPU problem like this before? Getting a brand new CPU that turns out to be defective? If you did, what kind of problem did you encounter? [/B][/QUOTE]

as a matter of fact sumting like that did happen to me.

but it was bought @ a local dealer who remebered me an allowed

me to exchange it, only after grilling me for taking off a sticker

that he had on the cpu.[it was bought OEM a XP1800+]

but was still brandnew.