• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kt400 Or Nforce 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

attack

nforce2 is faster and has more OCing options. better in everyway if i'm not mistaken...maybe not better in price, but other than that....

JordanBolduc

Registered
Depends... If you have a Video Card that's better than a GeForce 2, you should get the KT400. It costs extra money for the nForce and if you have a good Video Card you don't need it. Plus it has LOTS of head room for future upgrades. But if you have a crappy Video Card less advanced than a GeForce 2, get the nForce. You get a good Video (if you have a crappy one). Also nForce costs less than an add-on card. The nForce chipset is pretty good, too.

Emericana

the real question is should you get a KT333 or a Nforce 2 and the answer is Nforce2.

KT400 are KT333 w/ buggy AGP 8x and serial ATA

EluSiOn

I second emericana

well said....

it is not too early to tell which one is better.... now it is at the stage which nforce2 board is better!

KT400 <---- sorry chipset like KT266 (KT266A is a different story) it didnt even officially support DDR 400

Via is making KT400A to compete with Nforce2

Also not all the NForce2 board has a video card integrated on the mobo! Even if some version of NForce2 board has IGP, it still has the AGP slot supporting AGP 3.0 or 8x!

OP
A

Avalanche

hmm, when is kt400A gonna be out? you think my swiftech waterblock that came with my quiet power would fit on it?

EluSiOn

KT400A is push back to First/Second Quater of 2003....

I dunno anything about swiftech waterblocks... I just got MAZE3 blocks from dangerden.com

NeoGeo

Good point with the waterblock. I'd make sure the mobo you buy has the 4 mounting holes required by Swiftech.

EluSiOn- Did you get the Maze3 with socket mounting tabs or the standard 4-standoff one?