• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KT7-RAID setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

brojoh2

Registered
I'm settin' the RAID feature for the first time on my Abit mobo. Using twin ibm DTLA-307030 30.7GB hd in RAID 0. I could use some help with the "set drive mode" setting as I'm not familiar with all of those settings. The manual sure is anything but authoratative and the "Abit KT7 FAQ" (paul's) seems to be down right now - can't get to it anyway.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanx.

Connect each drive as master on the HPcontroller (IDE 3 & 4). Make sure the blue connector goes to the motherboard.
After POST screen you need to press ctrl+h to get the Highpoint bios. Once in there you select boot drive and then you create RAID, just follow the instructions. (use cluster size 16 or 32)

In Bios you select 'boot from ATA100 RAID' to boot from the RAID array.

If you are installing win2000 you need to press F6 at the beginning of the setup to install drivers for the Hp-controller, this one is easy to miss.

Back