• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KX7-333 and 2200's +

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cheesy Peas

right, ive got a KX7-333 mobo, buts it rev1.0

what do i need to do to make it compatible with the 2200+chips/speeds..... flash the bios or wont that do it?

hardware modification? something on the cpu bridges.. ive heard bits, but im not sure

thanx

Seal

im not 100% sure but i think you have to have a rev 1.1 for it to support a xp2200+. Im on a kx7-333 rev 1.1 and running a 2200+.

You MAY be able to get away with installing the new bios update but im not sure, dont quote me on it. I know that if you update the bios on a rev 1.1 they can support 2400+ and 2600+ definately.

Arctic

I have the 1.0 version and I updated with the hack bios and it worked... and now that I just updated the newer version at the abit site and it supports it too... cuz before in my bios... I didn't have the option for 2200+ but now I do... so I guess all you really needed was a bios flash...

hope that helps..

ARctic

OP
Cheesy Peas

Cheesy Peas

ok ive got the newest bios b6 or somethin but how do i flash it using the award flash? i cant get it to boot into dos in XP

how do u get into dos under XP?